Translate

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Life in Luggage (moving 17 times in just over 2 months)



Mike and I made the decision to transition between my parents and his parents every 4-10 days during our time in PA. That's two months of back and forth. Now we are in Atlanta for 7 days. That means that in the past 72 days, we have moved 17 times. Let me reiterate - Mike and I CHOSE this. Do not feel sorry for us - it is what we expected... and it is typical for many missionaries when they are in the States on furlough (or HMA).

Choosing to switch homes so often means that we didn't wear out our welcome in any one home (very important). I am happy to say that I still love and want to spend time with my mother - and Mike's too! That's a big deal. What's not so much fun is living out of suitcases.

Think about your travels... can you relate? Have you experienced something similar? Tell me about it! I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'd love to hear your experience.

Now, on the bright side, we are flying to Michigan on Monday at which time we will be settled into our own 1-bedroom apartment and will not move from it for a full 3 weeks! This is exciting for us and we are looking forward to storing our clothes in a dresser and our toiletries in a drawer. Our suitcases could use a break. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment